The Product Owner represents the interests of the stakeholder community to the Scrum Team. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring clear communication of product or service functionality requirements to the Scrum Team, defining Acceptance Criteria, and ensuring those criteria are met. The Product Owner must always maintain a dual view. He or she must understand and support the needs and interests of all stakeholders, while also understanding the needs and workings of the Scrum Team.
Applicants will be awarded the Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC®) certificate by SCRUMstudy™ upon successfully passing the certification exam.
|Certification||Prerequisite Experience||Prerequisite Education|
|SPOC®||Nil||Preferably SDC® (or) SMC® certified professional|
|Target Audience||RCUs required for maintaining certification*||RCUs offered**|
|Anyone who interfaces with business stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum project.||40 Recertification units every 3 years. More||40|
*Recertification units (RCUs) required to maintain the certification
**RCUs earned can be used towards recertification requirement for other earned VMEdu® certifications. More
Pass Rate for the SPOC® examination indicates 93% of candidates passing the exam in the first attempt.
- Multiple choice
- 140 questions per exam
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 180 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam.
- Current pass rate: 93%
This certification is for anyone who interfaces with stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum Team.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, SDC® or SMC® Certified professionals will be able to better understand the concepts required for this certification exam. It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SPOC® classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy™ approved Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.)Scrum Product Owner Certified
How to Apply
- Buy the course and certification exam provided by PredictONCertifications™ (Authorized Training Partner of SCRUMstudy.com).
- Apply for the exam provided by SCRUMstudy™ in partneship with PredictONCertifications™. You need to submit relevant documents (if required).
- Access the online course and take the exam
- Get access to an online course on ‘Scrum Product Owner Certified’.
- Get a copy of SBOK® Guide online version.
- Schedule the three hour proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy™ verifies the application: confirms the exam date and time.
- Take the three hour proctored exam online.
- Upon successful completion of the exam get an online certificate.
- Your name will be added to the SCRUMstudy™ Certification Registry.
- You can add the certificate to your LinkedIn profile.
- If you are unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two Free Exam Retakes.
To maintain the certification status, Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC®) professional will need to earn 40 re-certification credits every 3 years.