Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) professionals are facilitators who ensure that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully. The Scrum Master guides, facilitiates, and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project; clears impediments for the team; and, ensures that Scrum processes are being followed.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) certification by SCRUMstudy™ after passing the certification exam.
|SMC™||None||Preferably SDC ™ certified professional||Anyone interested in becoming a Scrum Master|
|RCUs required for maintaining certification *||RCUs offered **||Current Pass Rate (%)***|
|40 Recertification units every 3 years. More||40||95|
*Recertification units (RCUs) required to maintain the certification
**RCUs earned can be used towards recertification requirement for other earned VMEdu® certifications. More
***Pass Rate for the SMC® examination indicates the percentage of candidates passing the exam in the first attempt who attempted all the questions.
- Multiple choice
- 100 questions per exam
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 120 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam
- Current pass rate: 95%
This certification is appropriate for anyone who is interested in becoming a Scrum Master.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, it is preferable to complete the Scrum Developer Certified (SDC®) certification before applying for the Scrum Master certification. It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SMC® classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy™ approved Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.) Scrum Master Certified
How to Apply
- Buy the course and certification exam provided by PredictONCertifications™ (Authorized Training Partner of SCRUMstudy.com).
- Apply for the exam provided by SCRUMstudy™ in partneship with PredictONCertifications™. You need to submit relevant documents (if required).
- Access the online course and take the exam
- Access the online course on ‘Scrum MasterCertified’.
- Get a copy of the SBOK® Guide online version.
- Schedule the two hour proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy™ verifies the application: confirms the exam date and time.
- Take the two hour proctored exam online.
- Upon successful completion of the exam get an online certificate.
- Your name will be added to the SCRUMstudy™ Certification Registry.
- You can add the certificate to your LinkedIn profile.
- If you are unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two Free Exam Retakes.
To maintain the certification status, Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) professionals will need to earn 40 re-certification credits every 3 years.