Scaled Scrum Master Certified (SSMC™). Large projects require multiple Scrum Teams to work in parallel. The Chief Scrum Master is responsible for coordinating activities of multiple Scrum Teams to develop potentially shippable product increments/deliverables. The Chief Scrum Master fosters collaboration and coaches others with the implementation of Scrum for a smooth delivery of the project’s products. Apart from clearing impediments and ensuring a conducive project environment for the Scrum Teams, the Chief Scrum Master collaborates with the Chief Product Owner, other Scrum Masters, and Product Owners in activities such as developing the list of components and resources needed in common for all teams throughout the project.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Scaled Scrum Master Certified (SSMC™) certification by SCRUMstudy™ after passing the certification exam.
|Certification||Prerequisite Experience||Prerequisite Education||Target Audience|
|SSMC™||Nil||SMC® certified professional||Anyone who is interested in becoming a Chief Scrum Master|
|Prerequisite Experience||RCUs required for maintaining certification *||RCUs offered **|
|Nil||SMC® certified professional||Anyone who is interested in becoming a Chief Scrum Master|
*Recertification units (RCUs) required to maintain the certification
**RCUs earned can be used towards recertification requirement for other earned VMEdu® certifications. More
- Multiple choice
- 70 questions per exam
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 90 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam
This certification is appropriate for anyone who is interested in becoming a Chief Scrum Master.
It is mandatory to complete the Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) certification before applying for the Scaled Scrum Master certification.
How to Apply
- Buy the course and certification exam provided by PredictONCertifications™ (Authorized Training Partner of SCRUMstudy.com).
- Apply for the exam provided by SCRUMstudy™ in partneship with PredictONCertifications™. You need to submit relevant documents (if required).
- Access the online course and take the exam
- Access the online course on ‘Scaled Scrum Master Certified’.
- Get a copy of the SBOK® Guide, 3rd Edition online version.
- Schedule the 90 minute proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy™ verifies the application: confirms the exam date and time.
- Take the 90 minute proctored exam online.
- Upon successful completion of the exam get an online certificate.
- Your name will be added to the SCRUMstudy™ Certification Registry.
- You can add the certificate to your LinkedIn profile.
- If you are unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two Free Exam Retakes.
To maintain the certification status, Scaled Scrum Master Certified (SSMC™) professionals will need to earn 60 re-certification credits every 3 years.